Baked chicken breast makes an easy meal that is healthy if you use organic, hormone and antibiotic free chicken. Here are the basics on how to bake a chicken breast, but use your imagination and add seasonings, sauces, and herbs to make it your own.
1. Allow the oven to preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Trim the chicken breast to remove any fat or veins. Rinse the chicken with cool water, especially if the meat has not been frozen. Then, pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
3. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray, then place the chicken breasts into the pan. Or, if you are looking for a low-fat alternative, add a little bit of water or chicken broth into the bottom of the pan.
4. Season the chicken with anything that you would like: herbs, barbeque sauce, lemon juice, or just simple salt and pepper. If you really want a good flavor, begin preparing the meat a day in advance and let it marinate in the fridge.
5. Allow the chicken breasts to bake for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on how much you are cooking. You will know that the meat is done when you cut into it and it is no longer pink.
Note: Be careful when you are handling raw chicken, because you want to avoid spreading salmonella if it is present. Wash your hands thoroughly and avoid touching anything with the raw meat juices on your hands.