Castor oil packs are used as a natural remedy for many different conditions. They are most well-known as a remedy prescribed by American psychic Edgar Cayce for various conditions. They are said to improve circulation, reduce inflammation, help liver function, reduce pain, and aid in digestion. Here’s how to make a castor oil pack in five easy steps.
1. Cut some flannel to the desired size. It is a good idea to keep the flannel less than 8-10 inches across.
2. Soak the flannel in the castor oil and then place it in a large Ziploc bag. Or, alternatively, the oil can be covered with a plastic sheet.
3. Place the castor oil pack on the area that needs to be treated and cover it with a hot water bottle. Allow the castor oil pack to sit for at least 45 minutes.
4. When the time is up, clean the treated area with water.
5. The castor oil pack may be stored in the fridge and it can be reused up to 25 times.